TruthScript is a ministry for such a time as this that encourages Christians to not be conformed to the world, but instead transformed by the renewing of their minds.
It started in 2023 after a few years of ongoing conversations between theologically conservative evangelicals from various traditions. They believed it was important for Christians to have alternatives to outlets compromised by neo-liberalism. However, most alternatives focused exclusively on either polemics or in-depth exegesis. This generally appealed to believers with the time and dedication to understand often complicated matters.
It was apparent a new ministry that helped believers to be more discerning and theological but mostly focused on generally current, easy-to-understand, short, and practical content would appeal to a wider audience. This is where TruthScript comes in.
Expect to find helpful content here that works together to provide a positive Christian vision in both this life and the life to come.
Statement of Faith:
- We believe the Bible is verbally and plenarily inspired by God, inerrant, infallible, and sufficient on all matters it addresses, and the supreme and final authority in faith and practice. (Rom 15:1, 1 Cor 2:13; 10:11, 2 Tim 3:16-17, 2 Pet 1:19-20, 3:16)
- We believe in the one Triune God who exists eternally in the three persons of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Gen 1.1, 1 John 5:7)
- We believe God created the first people, Adam and Eve, in His image; that they disobeyed God and incurred physical and spiritual death and so consequently all men are now born with a sin nature that separates them from God. (John 3:17-18, Rom 3:10-19, 5:12-21, Eph 2:1-3)
- We believe in a grammatical historical approach to Genesis and reject any attempt to reconcile the creation accounts with Darwinism. (Gen 1-3, Matt 19:4-6)
- We believe God established significant differences between men and women and reflected those differences most directly in the institutions of marriage, family, and the church. (Gen 2:18, Eph 5:22-31)
- We believe Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God, fully man and fully God, who was born of the virgin, lived a sinless life, voluntarily died on the cross of Calvary as our representative, vicarious substitutionary sacrifice for sin, physically rose from the dead on the third day following, and has ascended to Heaven to the right hand of the Father as the High Priest and Advocate of believers. We believe that those who believe on Him and repent of their sin will be justified and forgiven. (Luke 1:26-35, 2:40, John 1:1-2,14, 20:24-31, Rom 3:24-25, 5:8, 1 Cor 15:3-4, 20-22, Phil 2:5-8, 1 Tim 2:5-6, Heb 7:25, 1 Peter 1:3-5; 2:24, 1 John 2:1-2)
- We believe salvation is wholly a work of God whereby God through His gracious power draws a dead sinner unto himself and extends to him the unmerited gift of salvation. (John 6:44, Eph 2:1-9, Rom 8:29-30)
- We believe in biblical justice and objective truth and reject social justice teachings that undermine objective truth, inspire division in the body of Christ, promote injustice, or corrupt the Gospel by mixing it with law. (Col 2:8, 2 Pet 1:16-21, Gal 3:28, Ex 23:1-9, Rom 3:23, Gal 1:9, Ex 20:15,17, 2 Thess 3:10)
- We believe all who repent of their sin and place their faith in Christ are indwelt by the Holy Spirit who convicts of sin, illuminates the Scripture, and empowers for godly living including Christian service and bearing witness to the Gospel of Christ. We reject that a Christian’s identity can include sinful desires or actions. (John 14:26, 16:8, 1 John 5:6, Rom. 8:14, 1 Cor 6:11)
- We believe in the glorious hope of the imminent, bodily, physical, personal return of Christ Jesus in the future. (Matt 16:27, Rev 22:12)
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of all men: the redeemed to eternal life in the presence of God in Heaven, and the unredeemed to judgment and everlasting condemnation and punishment in Hell separated from God eternally. (Matt 25:46; Heb 9:27; Rev 21:8)
David Harris is the president of TruthScript. He has a BA in English Literature & Linguistics from SUNY New Paltz, where he also got his MS in education. He’s taught multiple subjects from K-12 in both private and public schools. David has been involved in various ministries in New York, Southern Africa, and the Dominican Republic. He lives in the shadow of the Great Smoky Mountains of East Tennessee with his wife and daughter. On his days off you can find him hiking the Cumberlands, at his grill, or picking his banjo.
Russell Fuller oversees Theology Classroom which trains Christians for ministry by offering an affordable seminary-level education. Dr. Fuller has a PhD from Hebrew Union College. He taught Old Testament at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary for over two decades. He is married to Donna and they have three children and five grandchildren.
Danny Steinmeyer is pastor of Truth Family Bible Church in Middleton, ID and co-host of the podcast It’s Time for Truth. He has a Masters of Divinity from Masters Seminary in Sun Valley, California.
Josh Abbotoy is a Managing Director at New Founding, a network designed to serve the American people. A seasoned private equity lawyer by background, Josh is a grateful beneficiary of Christian education, having been homeschooled and earning his B.A. from Union University before earning his J.D. from Harvard Law School. He lives in Sugar Land, Texas with his wife and three children and is a member of University Park Baptist Church.